Sweet Basil | Two Live Herb Plants | Non GMO, Gardener Favorite, Harvest All Season
Sweet Basil Herb is the most well-known and of all basil varieties and is the key ingredient in Pesto sauces (yes, it’s super easy to make your own pesto!). Basil grows well outdoors or indoors and can easily be moved indoors for the winter. This variety is also a heavy producer and can be continuously harvested all summer. Perfect in pestos, caprese, tomato dishes, soups, salads, sauces, pasta dishes, and seasoned oils and butters. For fullest flavor from your basil leaves, pick before the heat of the day and add in during the last few minutes of cooking.
Clovers Garden Sweet Basil Herb Plants:
- Two Large, Live plants – ready to grow, premium herb plants, 4” to 8” tall plants, in 4” pots
- Non-GMO, No Neonicotinoids – so you can grow fresh produce that’s healthy for your family and pollinators.
- 10x Root Development – robust plants with healthy roots that handle transplanting better and grow stronger right from the start. Gets you to a faster, more productive harvest.
- Grown in the Midwest – all plants are grown in the USA and we manage the entire process from seed to your doorstep.
- Fast, Priority Shipping and Careful Packaging – your plants arrive quickly in our exclusive, eco-friendly, 100% recyclable box designed to protect your plants and the planet.
- Plant in any US Zone – works in containers; small spaces, balconies, patios or large gardens. Treat as a tender annual in Zones 9 and colder.
- Container-friendly – herbs do well in pots, planters, and window boxes and their lovely foliage make them a great filler plant with blooming annuals.
- Season long harvest – most herb plants can be harvested all season, just snip off what you need and the plant will keep growing.
- Growing Requirements – requires full sun, average water and fertilization.
- Quick Start Planting Guide – created just for our customers, this copyrighted guide walks you through every gardening step from unboxing to planting.
- Third Generation, Family-Owned Small Business -- we’ve been helping gardeners since 1957 with established greenhouses right here in the Midwest.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Plant 12” to 18” apart inches apart in a compost rich, well-draining soil. Basil plants need 6-8 hours sunlight daily, but benefit from some afternoon shade. Cutting leaves frequently encourages more leaf growth and plant bushiness. As with all basil, pinch flower heads off before they open as the plant will no longer produce the fragrant leaves if it has flowered.