Here at Clovers Garden we pride ourselves on providing the best vegetable plants, fruits, herbs, and flowers for your garden. Our goal is for you to get a head start with the healthiest plants, enabling you to have the garden of your dreams. We 100% guarantee every product we sell so please do not hesitate to contact us if you are not completely satisfied! If you have any questions or concerns with your order, we can be reached at email@example.com
How are my plants shipped?
All plants are shipped with a two-day mail service so they spend as little time in the box as possible. If possible, arrange for your delivery when you’ll be home or be sure it does not sit in the hot sun or cold all day.
Packing methods may include:
- Most plants are in a 4” plastic pot with tape over the top of the soil to keep in place. Gently remove after you take out of the box
- Plants are watered right before shipment but may need another drink upon arrival. Water if soil feels dry.
- Small dowels to create protective cage may be placed around tall plants. These can be reused as stakes for small plants.
- We've had specialty cardboard cradles made for our plants to eliminate unnecessary packing materials. This can be recycled with your regular cardboard.
- All plants include a quick planting instruction sheet with details on handling plants upon arrival.
If you provide an email address when you order, we’ll send you tracking number to watch for your order.
What to do when plants arrive?
Your order will include a plant instruction sheet that describes how to handle plants until planting time. Just a few quick tips here:
- Carefully remove plant from the box.
- Don’t worry if your plants look a tiny bit wilted – that’s normal after being packed up in a box and they will liven up as soon as you unpack them. Give them a small drink if needed.
- Place your plants in indirect light (outdoors in the shade if not too windy or cold). Do not put plants in full sunlight for a few days but allow them to gradually adjust to outdoor sunlight over four to five days. Be sure to bring them in at night if the temps are predicted to go below 55°F.
- Plant outside after all danger of frost has passed. Don't worry if your plant looks a little droopy right after transplanting -- this is normal and it will perk up after a couple days and the roots get settled in. Be sure to water well and protect larger plants from wind (at first).
When should I plant my plants outside?
When your weather is warm and settled, choose a planting location suitable to your plant’s needs. Prepare the soil as needed, remembering that vegetable and fruit crops need to be rotated every couple of years as to not exhaust the soil and its nutrients. If the weather is hot and sunny, plant in the cool early morning or wait until late afternoon or evening to avoid stress on the new plants. To remove a plant from its pot, flip the pot over, tap on its bottom, and slip the plant out. Do not pull out by its stem. Loosen the root ball and tease the roots apart if they are matted or tangled. Push soil back into each planting hole and firm the soil around each plant to eliminate air pockets, water thoroughly to further settle the soil. Keep the soil around the plants moist but not soggy for the first few days.
Transplant shock is not uncommon but within a week or less the plants' roots will regain their ability to provide moisture to the foliage. If rain is scarce, water your plants deeply and regularly. As your plants start to grow, provide cages or staking, such as with tomatoes and peppers. Once the fruits of peppers and tomatoes start to ripen, water only if plants start to wilt; withholding water at this stage will result in better-flavored fruit. Enjoy your plants!
Are your plants organic?
We partner with a trusted garden supply company to source most of our plants. Some plants are grown from non-organic seed so we cannot claim true organic. We can assure you, however, that neither we nor our supplier uses chemicals in the nurseries so they are as organically raised as possible. All of our plants are grown from non-GMO seed and are never treated with neonicotinoids.
What if my plant arrives damaged?
We stand behind our product 100% and when the plants leave our nursery they are healthy. Sometimes, though, damage occurs during shipment. If your plant arrives in less than great condition, call us and we’ll make it right. Click here to read our full return policy
Why do you need my email?
We’ve found email is the quickest way to reach you and it gives us a way to share shipping and tracking info with you. We do not (and never will) sell your email address but we may occasionally send you promotional emails during the season with gardening tips and tricks. You can read more about our Privacy Policies here.