We've taken our decades of gardening know-how and condensed it into video lessons you can put to use right now. We will walk you through every step from bare soil to full harvest. We will plant tomatoes, peppers, traditional veggies, root crops, and herbs. If you've tried gardening before but realized you needed a little knowledge to succeed, this course is for you. If you're ready to give up (because last year was a disaster), this course is really for you!
You'll also have access to a students-only Facebook group always open for questions plus a monthly Facebook Live to chat with all of us and your fellow gardeners.
Here we are all partners -- in learning, in growing, and in having fun. Whether you've never picked up a garden spade or have been gardening for decades, this is the place to expand your knowledge and learn how to grow your best garden.
Vegetable Gardening 101 starts with preparing the soil and stays with you until first frost. We will cover all the essentials including:
- What type of garden to choose for your needs
- How to plan out the space for maximum harvest
- How to grow organically and use companion gardening
- How to boost your soil health with composting, mulching, and more
- What to look for in new plants and how to select the variety for you
- How to plant and care for your new plants
- How to avoid pests and diseases and what to do if they show up anyway
- All season long care tips for fun in the garden
- Harvest hints to get the most out of your hard work
- End of the season advice for putting your garden to bed and getting ready for next year
- Student-only access to our Garden School Facebook Group with weekly check-ins, Q & A, and monthly Live meet ups to talk gardening.
- Harvest season contest (to be announced!)
- Lifetime access to all course materials
We truly believe that anyone can garden! And once you’ve learned the basics, you can grow just about anything, in any space. Our goal is to stick with you all season – guiding you through the steps and being on hand to answer your questions. Let’s grow a garden!