Nasturtium | Two Live Garden Plants | Non-GMO, Deliciously Edible!
Nasturtium is one of the most interesting plants around with a secret history most growers know nothing about. At different times in history it’s been considered a vegetable, an herb, a flower, and even a fruit! Not only is it a colorful and easy flower to grow, but it is a totally edible medicinal plant that has dozens of uses for the home gardener. Each part of the plant is edible from the flowers to the leaves to the ripened seed pods. The nutritionally dense leaves are full of Vitamin C and Iron and are considered a folk remedy for respiratory ailments and a natural blood detoxifier. Nasturtium plants have a peppery spicy taste which is a wonderful addition to salads such as potato, chicken, and crab, or you can use the whole flowers as an edible garnish for fish dishes. The seed pods when dried can be ground and used like pepper as a seasoning.
What You'll Get with Clovers Garden Nasturtium Plants:
- Two Large, Live plants – ready to grow, premium garden plants, 4” to 8” tall plants, in 4” pots
- Non-GMO, No Neonicotinoids – so you can grow fresh produce that’s healthy for your family and pollinators.
- 10x Root Development – robust plants with healthy roots that handle transplanting better and grow stronger right from the start. Gets you to a faster, more productive harvest.
- Grown in the Midwest – all plants are grown in the USA and we manage the entire process from seed to your doorstep.
- Fast, Priority Shipping and Careful Packaging – your plants arrive quickly in our exclusive, eco-friendly, 100% recyclable box designed to protect your plants and the planet.
- Plant in any US Zone – works in containers; small spaces, balconies, patios or large gardens. Treat as a tender annual in Zones 9 and colder.
- Container-friendly – does well in pots, planters, and window boxes and the lovely foliage and blossoms make nasturtium a great filler plant.
- Season long harvest – most herb plants can be harvested all season, just snip off what you need and the plant will keep growing.
- Growing Requirements – requires full sun, average water and fertilization.
- Quick Start Planting Guide – created just for our customers, this copyrighted guide walks you through every gardening step from unboxing to planting.
- Third Generation, Family-Owned Small Business -- we’ve been helping gardeners since 1957 with established greenhouses right here in the Midwest.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
For the tastiest nasturtium leaves, keep the plants well-watered which helps moderate the spiciness of the leaves and flowers. It can be placed almost anywhere to grow – full sun, part sun, rich soil, poor soil – the choice is up to the gardener. Space 12” to 18” inches apart as they reseed themselves and fill in nicely. They grow 12” to 20” tall and create a colorful. happy fill in for almost any area.
Also a natural aphid attractor so they'll stay away from your other garden plants: great companion plant for tomatoes, cabbages, radishes and cucumbers as the serve to deter a number of garden pests.