Sweet Marjoram | Two Live Herb Plants | Non-GMO, Use in Soups, Stews & Italian Dishes
Sweet Marjoram, also known as Knotted Marjoram, is one of the most popular Mediterranean herbs grown for its culinary and medicinal value. It has a delicate, sweet flavor and subtle pungent taste not unlike Oregano. The leaves are used to season soups, stews, dressings, sauces, Italian dishes and Greek dishes. When using Marjoram in cooking, add the herb before serving as it loses its flavor over extended cooking times. As a medicinal tea, sweet marjoram will soothe an upset stomach. It has anti-microbial properties too, and can be used as a skin wash. The tiny leaves pack a powerhouse of vitamins from Vitamin C, A, K and beta carotene to minerals like iron, calcium, potassium, manganese, copper, zinc and magnesium.
What You'll Get with Clovers Garden Sweet Marjoram Plants:
- Two Large, Live plants – ready to grow, premium herb plants, 4” to 8” tall plants, in 4” pots
- Non-GMO, No Neonicotinoids – so you can grow fresh produce that’s healthy for your family and pollinators.
- 10x Root Development – robust plants with healthy roots that handle transplanting better and grow stronger right from the start. Gets you to a faster, more productive harvest.
- Grown in the Midwest – all plants are grown in the USA and we manage the entire process from seed to your doorstep.
- Fast, Priority Shipping and Careful Packaging – your plants arrive quickly in our exclusive, eco-friendly, 100% recyclable box designed to protect your plants and the planet.
- Plant in any US Zone – works in containers; small spaces, balconies, patios or large gardens. Treat as a tender annual in Zones 9 and colder.
- Container-friendly – herbs do well in pots, planters, and window boxes and their lovely foliage make them a great filler plant with blooming annuals.
- Season long harvest – most herb plants can be harvested all season, just snip off what you need and the plant will keep growing.
- Growing Requirements – requires full sun, average water and fertilization.
- Quick Start Planting Guide – created just for our customers, this copyrighted guide walks you through every gardening step from unboxing to planting.
- Third Generation, Family-Owned Small Business -- we’ve been helping gardeners since 1957 with established greenhouses right here in the Midwest.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Sweet Marjoram prefers a full sun location with a rich well-draining soil. The plants will reach 12” to 24” tall, when full grown. Trim plants when buds appear and before flowering to ensure continued plant growth. In most areas Marjoram will not survive the winter outdoors, so if planted in pots they can be wintered indoors (and you will have fresh herbs all winter long too!)