Blue Fescue (Festuca Elijah Blue) | Two Live Perennial Plants | Non-GMO, Low Growth Ornamental Grass
Blue Fescue (Festuca Elijah Blue) is an outstanding perennial ornamental grass that adds interest and silvery blue-green color to your garden. This variety has a low growth, clumping habit with lovely tall, feathery fronds that emerge in the late summer. Does well in dry, loose areas; rock gardens; and slopes. Once established, it can tolerate drought and heat. Blue Fescue is perennial in zones 4 and warmer and the plant will retain some of its color all winter.
Makes a great edging or groundcover plant and is a stunning addition to containers. Trim back to about 2” before new leaves emerge in the spring.
Clovers Garden Blue Fescue Ornamental Grass Plants:
- Two Large, Live plants – ready to grow, premium perennial plants, ornamental grass, 4” to 8” tall plants, in 4” pots.
- Non-GMO, No Neonicotinoids – plants are raised without these chemicals to protect pollinators.
- 10x Root Development – robust plants with healthy roots that handle transplanting better and grow stronger right from the start.
- Grown in the Midwest – all plants are grown in the USA and we manage the entire process from seed to your doorstep.
- Great Foundation Plant – low growth, clumping habit makes Blue Fescue perfect for edging, rock gardens, and groundcover. Can be planted in a container for stunning effect but roots must be protected for winter.
- Fast Shipping and Careful Packaging – your plants arrive quickly in our exclusive, eco-friendly, 100% recyclable box designed to protect your plants and the planet.
- Perennial in Zones 4 through 11 – with proper care, plants will come back year after year and get bigger, fuller, and more spread out with each season.
- Winter interest – plant is semi-evergreen and tall fronds can be cut for fall and winter arrangements of left in place for height and interest.
- Growing Requirements – requires full sun, average water, tolerates drought and dry soils.
- Quick Start Planting Guide – created just for our customers, this copyrighted guide walks you through every gardening step from unboxing to planting.
- Third Generation, Family-Owned Small Business – we’ve been helping gardeners since 1957 with established greenhouses right here in the Midwest.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed