Scabiosa Butterfly Blue (Pincushion) | Two Live Perennial Plants | Non-GMO, Low Growth, Great for Edging, Blooms Spring to Fall
Scabiosa (also called Pincushion) is a compact, perennial (Zones 3 to 8) that grows to about 15” tall. This variety, Butterfly Blue, has nearly 2” flowers with a frilly, flat lavender petals surround a paler lavender center and the stamens look like pins which is how it got its “pincushion” name. Foliage is fern-like and a lovely blue-gray-green that makes a nice backdrop for lighter colored plants and flowers. Loved by pollinators, this easy to grow plant tolerates full sun to partial shade. Its low-growing habit makes it perfect for edging, rock gardens, and front-of-garden placements.
Scabiosa does not like wet roots so it must be planted somewhere with good drainage and will tolerate drier soils. Flowers grow on graceful stems and hold up well in cut arrangements and this little darling is often seen in wedding bouquets. Plant blooms from spring until frost and the more you cut it, the more it will blossom. Plant is also deer resistant.
Clovers Garden Scabiosa Butterfly Blue Plants:
- Two Large, Live plants – ready to grow, premium flowering perennial plants, 4” to 8” tall plants, in 4” pots.
- Non-GMO, No Neonicotinoids – plants are raised without these chemicals to protect pollinators.
- 10x Root Development – robust plants with healthy roots that handle transplanting better and grow stronger right from the start.
- Grown in the Midwest – all plants are grown in the USA and we manage the entire process from seed to your doorstep.
- Pollinator Favorite – bees and butterflies will flock to these lovely blossoms and help pollinate your veggies and fruit trees.
- Fast Shipping and Careful Packaging – your plants arrive quickly in our exclusive, eco-friendly, 100% recyclable box designed to protect your plants and the planet.
- Perennial in Zones 3 through 8 – with proper care, plants will come back year after year and get bigger, fuller, and more spread out with each season. This is a true legacy garden plant!
- Season long harvest – have fresh cut bouquets all summer, the more you cut, the more these plants will blossoms.
- Growing Requirements – requires full sun, average water and fertilization.
- Quick Start Planting Guide – created just for our customers, this copyrighted guide walks you through every gardening step from unboxing to planting.
- Third Generation, Family-Owned Small Business – we’ve been helping gardeners since 1957 with established greenhouses right here in the Midwest.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed